Portland, OR area wine shops that sell good selection of Aussie Shiraz?

Really want to try and explore Australian Shiraz and seems somewhat challenging to source. I’ve heard that here in the states it’s generally tough to find decent selections but I’m hopeful I’ve missed something.

Wizer’s in Lake Oswego is your place. Lots of older stuff (01 Elderton Command, 02 Dead Arm etc…). They moved up the street a few years ago and their inventory is up on the sales floor now instead of being in their Batcave.

1 Like

+1 on Wizers. I’d have a lot less money if I lived closer to them.

WIZERS! Of course! Time to dust off the old “no honey, I don’t know what I spent so much money on this month” excuse.

Not to be a jerk, but I’d tread lightly at Wizer’s… their basement storage at the old store was adjacent to the furnace room.

Great selection of slow roasted wines in my experience.

2 Likes

Interesting selections of older wines and prices are pretty good. Do they ever have a sale?
While not Aussie I would get this wine
2009 Reynvaan Syrah/Viognier in the rocks for $58!

Honestly, non of these shops have a great selection. Vinopolis has 1 to choose from. I recommend Total Wine and More in Vancouver, they will have many to choose from at different price points. Hawthorn Safeway usually has Grange & or 707.

Don’t see a plug for Total Wine everyday? Just kidding they seem to stock some good wines in our market but just more expensive. Really don’t see many places carry good Aussie wines anymore.

Hawthorne Safeway? In Portland? Southeast? 28th?

Never ever thought about buying wine there. How’s the pricing?

Oh, it’s up there. Usually Wine searcher average plus 30%

Just buy form out of state. Plenty of good shops in California.

I’m still learning the city, but I’ve pretty much resorted to shipping from K&L or other California retailers for anything Southern Hemisphere.

Zuppans does a pretty decent job at having a wider selection of classic examples. I buy my study/testing bottles from them