RIP Berserker Tom Floyd

I’m sad to find out from Sarah that a long time berserker many of you know, Tom Floyd, passed today. I had the opportunity to meet him several times and enjoy wine with him and I’m sad for his wife and children. His passing was not Covid related. He was a good man.

9 Likes

RIP, sorry to hear this.

9E1FB5A0-8D5C-4C87-A253-FCD59CF97276.jpeg

RIP brother…

I don’t want this to sound horrible, but his name sounds so familiar but I can’t find one of his posts-does anyone know what his avatar was?

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9586

3 Likes

Always sad to lose a member of our little community. RIP

RIP. For Todd and others here who knew him, I’m sorry for your loss.

RIP and condolences to family and friends

So sorry to read this. Not a prolific poster, but when he did it was worth reading. Looking back, I remember seeing his post in CC, offloading everything for health reasons. Figured that couldn’t be a good thing, but I always hope when I read those kind of rare posts it’s something less serious than it obviously was. RIP, and may his family find strength and comfort in his memory.

RIP

I met Tom 4 months ago, when I began purchasing wines from his collection. I had no idea how serious his illness was.

Tom truly loved wine and the comradery of Wine Berserkers. He mentioned how hard it was to have to sell off his collection. He really valued the friendship of everyone on this board and the fun of debating on wines and deciding what allocations to focus on. In fact, when he could not use his William and Mary allocation this year, he offered to order for me even though he had his own 1200 bottle collection he was trying to sell. He also talked about trying to set me up with other WB members in the Dallas area. Even though I was purchasing some of the lesser wines in his collection, he would always spend 10 minutes telling wine stories before he had to pick up his son at soccer practice.

I only met Tom a few times but I was impressed that he treated me like a friend he had known for 10 years. He was going out of his way to help me in multiple ways. He was a genuinely good person. I raise a glass in his memory. He will be sadly missed.

20 Likes

He was my neighbor and he helped to found a wine group for the local community that comprised everyone from high level somms to complete novices, often times hosting the gatherings at his house. He was a genuinely nice, caring, and giving person and could talk wine on any level with anyone he met. He will be greatly missed by all who had the privilege to know him.

7 Likes

RIP, good sir.