Kutch Spring Offer Is UP

Ugh this is going to put a dent in my Berserker Day budget…

What are you grabbing?

Just the current release Chardonnay today. I didn’t last too long with my buying moratorium

That’s the only new wine being offered today. But he’s put a long list of past vintages into the offer as well, and not at the marked-up prices one typically sees for back vintages offered by a winery.

4 2019 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
6 2018 Kutch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
1 2017 Kutch McDougall Ranch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
3 2018 Kutch McDougall Ranch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
3 2019 McDougall Ranch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
4 2019 Mindego Ridge Vineyard Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir

From the newsletter:

2020 Vintage offering:

While I chose not to dedicate this letter to the challenging 2020 vintage, I must discuss it briefly. First off, we produced almost no wine from the vintage. Smoke from the north coast fires wiped out nearly all our Pinot Noir crop except for McDougall. In hindsight, we are fortunate to have picked McDougall early, within days of the fires starting and most importantly BEFORE the plumes of smoke began to do damage to the area. I am proud to state that McDougall is smoke free as are our two Chardonnays. The good news for this release and for you as a customer is that we will release our largest smattering of library wines to date, at original release prices to make up for our low volume of wine.

The newsletter and the photos are cool. It really takes you through the transformation of his new estate vineyard: the renovation of the apple orchard, the soil cuts/digs, the farming philosophy that he is taking on (to farm clean, the environmental stewarding), etc.

I hate that the fires were so hard on him (as they were on others) and so the library wines, supporting those via purchase, does help him in what was a crummy-ass situation.

1 Like

My first time purchasing so I appreciated the opportunity for some library wines.
I got 3 of the 2020 Chards and 3 various 2018 PN to give them a try.

My thought is that the 17 McDougall is probably the cherry there to pick, too.

Allocation = 1 bottle
I took it.

…and now that 1 bottle allocation of 2017 McDougall is gone. Snooze = lose with allocations not guaranteed!

Grabbed a little Chard as well as some 2018 Falstaff, as Falstaff Pinot is my favorite Kutch wine.

Mostly loaded up on the 2020 Chardonnay, as his chards are superb and incredible value, but went back for more 18 Falstaff as well.

A few 2020 Chard and some Fallstaff to round off a 6 pack.

Thanks for the many kind words above.

As always, I put a lot of time into our newsletter and hence wanted to share the link here in the event anyone cares to read.

Cheers,
Jamie

5 Likes

Some chard a few Pinots (Falstaff, McDougal) and a couple of mags. One of two wine mailing lists that my wife pays any attention to whatsoever.

1 Like

There are a few wineries where I feel a personal connection. Kutch is one of those.

2 Likes

that’s such a great insight.

1 Like

Picked up some '20 Chard…this is my number one purchase each year. I think I ordered 8-9 cases last year. I adore this wine. I just don’t get how Jamie gets so much flavor, yet keeps the abv so reasonable?