A burglary berserkers will cringe at

Last night someone cut the locks, broke into my garage, and stole my freezer and my refrigerator. The freezer was full of Flannery, Holy Grail and Pasturebird. The fridge was all daily drinker chards, with a couple of exceptions - my remaining Beau Rivage and Suzor, and a couple of cheap-but-unicorn Dujac bourgogne blancs. I’m assuming someone saw me walking out yesterday afternoon with a couple of steaks and figured they’d help themselves. Cops said that this is happening everywhere these days. Yes, we have cameras, no they weren’t pointing at the garage. And we’re fine, just irked.

Very sorry to hear this, Glen.

Fuggers.

Makes my blood boil.

As well it should.

That is really brazen. They stole the actual appliances? What the frack is wrong w people?? What area of the country do you live in? I am so sorry!!

very sad but my wife thinks I buy too much of all the above and now is threatening to leave the garage door open . . .

2 Likes

We’re in Los Angeles. It’s a nice enough area that while the cops took my statement they were distracted by a Game of Thrones actor letting his dog pee on our aloe plants.

They pulled up with a truck and took your freezer and fridge? That’s an amazing set of gonads! And if those were full of Flannery steaks, they wouldn’t even get the under $950 benefit.

I woke up to a guy in my kitchen at 3am going through all my stuff. Not a good feeling.

That really sucks. Glad you and the family were unharmed.

May those units bless them with hernias.

That totally sucks, Glen. And it sucks even more when you realize that the police don’t intend to lift a finger to catch the perps. Hopefully insurance will take care of the financial loss.

Bail reform laws in NYC are causing crime elsewhere?

2 Likes

Take the politics to the other forum

I would contact Flannery and ask Bryan to let you know when the 1st new customer order from LA comes in. Send Police and you’ll have your stuff back

1 Like

Shouldn’t Todd be pointing out that the Monopole Cru is a much easier and less crime-y way to get a preview of the fantastic offerings on Berserker day?

I would geofence any sous vide machine deliveries to Compton.

This. Wow.

So sorry, Glen. Totally sucks.

We have one of those foldable, sturdy metal-framed carts you can bring to farmers markets - they stole that too. I now know you can use them to haul two 3 cubic foot cooling devices filled with meat and wine. Someone suggested cruising by the local homeless encampments and seeing who’s pairing steak with white wine tonight. And if it was homeless people, I would feel a little less bad than if it was an opportunistic neighbor who saw me unloading stuff at some point. This have/have not thing is brutal and it’s not going to get better.

Turns out they missed an OWC of Roc de Cambes I just won at k&l, so we had a bottle of that last night and bought a range extender so our Arlos will work, with sirens, in the garage.

And Victor, “Compton” doesn’t exactly feel like a good punchline. I can’t let that slide, sorry.

G

3 Likes

What’s that supposed to imply?

1 Like