TN: 2008 Lassalle Cuvée Angeline

fortunately recently found a small supply for $55/b, less than release price, and it’s even more delicious due to that price. Just scrumptious crunchy bright yellow orchard fruit and citrus, not at all oxidative or yeasty, just lovely, fresh, and delicious. This is real bright and fresh. The 2011 wasn’t at this level, 96 was/is stupendous, and I’m hooked. I don’t know who Angeline is but I love her very much.

1 Like

Great price!

That is indeed a great price! Angeline is Angéline Templier, granddaughter of Jules Lassalle who founded the house. She’s in the pic below with her mother Chantal Lassalle:
20190426_113926.jpg

1 Like

that’s very cool and appreciated. I guess a little work on my part would have uncovered that. Champagne J. Lassalle | Our Wines | Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant

No worries. Your post made me curious. Now, if I could find it at that price. Congrats on the find!

can’t find 08 at any price anywhere now. Waiting for 12. Just sent an email to Lassalle to see if we can visit in April when we hopefully go to France.

1 Like

From the Kermit web site:

“Jules Lassalle established this family-owned Champagne house in 1942 in the village of Chigny-Les-Roses on the Montagne de Reims. A master of his craft, he established a signature style of elegant, tightly knit wines with a certain ampleur. When he passed away in 1982 his wife, Olga, and their daughter, Chantal Decelle-Lassalle, stepped in and took over the estate, upholding Jules’ high standards and progressively pushing the domaine to the next level. In 2006 Chantal’s daughter, Angéline Templier, joined the estate as winemaker. Their twenty-eight-year tradition of “une femme, un esprit, un style” (one woman, one spirit, one style) holds true today more than ever. In the 1970s, Kermit was the first to begin importing artisanal, grower Champagne, and the Lassalles have been in the KLWM portfolio longer than anyone. Today, we are proud that the relationship has continued into the third generation of the Lassalle family.”

Would love to hear how that goes if you are able. Looking forward to the ‘12, hopefully Hi Times will carry it again. Tried my first bottle at Envoyer a number of years ago, but they don’t seem to carry it any more.