TN: 2019 Domaine Marc Morey & Fils Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru En Virondot

• 2019 Domaine Marc Morey & Fils Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru En Virondot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (1/7/2022)
    Pale gold color. Beautiful nose of rich golden fruit. Very lively and vibrant. The palate is beautiful with golden fruit. A stony backbone. A tremendously harmonious palate feel. The acidity supports all the perfectly ripe fruit. A richer style but I love this. Finishes long and refreshing. Fabulous and extremely young!

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Thanks for the note, Don. I immediately jumped onto WS to look into pricing, and then realized a few minutes later I already have a 6 pack of this on order. Nice!

I haven’t had the 2019 but love the En Virondot in all the vintages I’ve tried. Maybe my favorite of her wines and definitely underpriced for current burgundy pricing.

These wines are so underrated and have an excellent premox history. I’ve been through over a case of the 2013 Chassagne Vergers and haven’t had a single oxed bottle. Drinking a '19 Bourgogne Blanc as we speak and it’s excellent. The wines are rich compared to PYCM, but I think the perception of richness comes more from the lack of reduction than actual ripeness. They are always in balance.

1 Like

I also love MM’s Virondot. This reminds me I should buy some.

Yeah, I used to buy them all the time up to about '98. The premox record has indeed been pretty good, but now I’m just out of the habit of buying any white burgs. I still have a couple of mags of the '95 Virondots – last one I had, pre-pandemic, was sadly corked but showed no sign of premox.