Clos de Vougeot: rising stars?

Any new producers of note in CdV?

How are Millot and Berthaut Gerbet?

Hudelot still among the best values?

I had 2012 Laurent Roumier recently which was surprisingly good.

The 2014 was good too and cheeeaappp

Mathilde Grivot, particularly with the 2020 vintage.

I ordered an assortment of 2019 Berthaut Gerbet to try, haven’t gotten them yet. Didn’t pick any CV.

At recent La Paulee’s Y. Clerget and d’Eugenie both had stand out Clos Vougeots. Y Clerget could definitely be considered a rising star.

Is Hudelot-Noellat a value any more (2019 is about $300 in market now, perhaps if you have access to cellar door pricing the discussion would be different)?

I’m not sure it’s really possible for there to be many wholly new producers, but generational transition could drive new value. I really do like Hudelot’s Clos Vougeot.

I’m also curious about Chateau de la Tour.

1 Like

Clerget CV is OAKY in my experience, along with champans (only in 1.5L) I have a ton of clerget in the cellar but the sweet spot is versueil imo. I have like 20 cases from 15-19.

H-N Clos Vougeot is the bomb. Prices are getting up there, but it is well made

As I’ve said earlier I think HN Cv is my top GC holding, which I’m happy about.

Are any of the Gros CV worth looking at? Arnoux makes a cv too but heard it’s only ok?

the sisters—Mugneret-Gibourg. Their star rose long ago.

1 Like

I had a '15 H-N CV in November that I thought was drinking quite well.

Comte Liger Belair is a “new” CV, though perhaps too soon to tell whether a rising star. And possibly not helpful given affordability and availability:)!

CĂ©cile Tremblay is going to be making one soon IIRC! That should be interesting.

Yeah it’s also $1000/btl. I have a decent amount though

Liger belair is from lamarche holdings I’d guess. What about tremblay?

I have heard for years that she will be getting a lot of vineyards at some point. Is this part of that or a one-off?

Forgot coquard loison fleurot

Part of that: she gets Morey village, more Vosne Beaux Monts, and Clos Vougeot. The fermages end this year.

1 Like

About Tremblay - who has been making wine from those vineyards via the fermage agreements?

Michel Noëllat, I think. So, some work to do in the vineyards…

It’s hardly a rising star, much more modest and a bit rustic, but we have enjoyed the Daniel Rion CV.

The Laurent Roumier was superb; you can somewhat taste the Roumier family resemblance.