Wine Bid help

Hi folks,

I tracked some wines last week. I looked today and they were purchased. How can I find out the winning bids for the wines I was tracking?

Thanks,

Lonnie

Search on the site, or on Wine-Searcher.

I searched on winebid but it only showed me the wines available this week. I want to find out what the final prices were for the wines I followed last week that sold on Sunday night.

Lonnie, did you “win” or purchase any wines last night on WineBid?
If so, In your account tab (top right of home page) there’s a section for your purchases by date. Click on 1/2/22 purchases and it shows all your trackers & bids.
If not, you can search each item individually and look at its “history” which will show the selling price for 1/2/22.

1 Like

Click on “Lonnie’s Account”
Then “Bids” to display your tracked lots for this week
Then “V” to get the pull down menu
Click on “Current Items” and you will be able to select the weekly auction you desire, up to a certain point

Yep. But if you didn’t win at least one lot, there’s no record of that week’s bids and tracking. I can understand that they may not want to waste storage bits keeping track of everyone’s tracked wines every week, but it would be nice if you could see it at least through the next week.

There is no searchable archive. Sometimes a Google search will turn up the auction of the lot you were looking at. The data is probably just too valuable to make available on a mass basis. People would scrape it.

I didn’t win or even bid. I was tracking to see what things sold for to plan future bids.

Thanks all. It appears the information is not available.

Lonnie

Go into your account and click on purchases. It will show your purchases and your tracked wines. You should be able to see wines you tracked and what they sold for. At least in mine it does.

Only if you made a purchase that week. It shows nothing for weeks where you bought nothing.

Depending on the wine, you can see what past bottles sold for under history.

Today’s auction is of no indication of tomorrow’s auction, or even next month’s auction. Certainly not in this environment. Prices are high, and only going higher. No way to safely plan for future purchases, expect to pay more than the last guy did the next time those wines come up for sale.

Example.

Understand we are a bit off topic here but:

90s CA cab prices to me seem like more of a market correction than price inflation

There have been a bunch of threads here and a bunch of podcasts that brought buyers (like myself) that weren’t buying these wines into the market. Compared to release prices for CA cabs, getting 90s cab with a ton of age and in a style many prefer to what’s widely available today still seems like a deal (even if it’s less of a deal than it was)

I must buy too much then. I can see all my past tracked, but not purchased bottles.

This method will show you 60 days of your tracking history regardless of whether you buy anything. I can check the last 9 weeks even though I only bought in a handful of those weeks.

The info you seek IS AVAILABLE

2 Likes

Wow, that’s cool. I can look back into October.