TN: 2012 Dom Perignon

2012 Dom Perignon

A bit of flint and yellow peaches on the nose.

Granite, white grape, and lemon on the nose with richness and focus on the palate. Super length. This is greater, may give 08 a run for its money. Went back for a couple more cases! Added this to WOTY. Great way to end 2022.

7 Likes

High praise indeed coming from you! I assume the quality justifies the additional tariff, as undesirable as it may be.

Wondering if I should crack one today. Heard it was way too young and only have 4, but would go back for more if it’s that good.

I didn’t buy that much initially but doubled down after trying one. It’s now tied for second most of Dom holdings with 02.

I think it’s drinking very well at the moment, but will likely get better like all Dom.

1 Like

It just depends on what you are looking for. I only buy Dom in the strongest vintages. I remember when purchasing the 2002 on release and trying a bottle, I thought that this is good but I’ve had Champagnes recently at half the price that I enjoyed as much. But I had confidence that it would improve and have not been disappointed.

I’m probably going to buy a bit more and just hold and wait

Up to you; this has been the best early drinking Dom for me since 06.

Looks like it is time to try this again.

ugh the temptation now is killing me!

Yeah, the 02 transformation has been profound. I had so many disappointing experiences. And then it blossomed and it has been superb for quite some time.

This is so painful to read. I bought this on release and never had anything better than a good bottle. Most them had an angry streak of acid and lime. A few years ago I sold every remaining bottle, as well as the '02 rosé. Financially is was a good deal, but I buy Dom to drink and now I have to live with seller’s remorse.

Bring on 2023!!! champagne.gif

2022 just flew by… let me tell you.

I liked 02 on release and have opened a couple recently and it’s gotten better. I have about as much 02 as I have 12 plus some mags which I’m happy about.

How would you compare the original release '02 to the P2?

Well I just finished my 242 collection bottle, so guess I’ll be opening the 12 Dom today. I fell to the pressure ha!

1 Like

P2 is a bit tighter and less generous on the palate. Both have some nice floral notes though. P2 is fabulous, a bit of a step up in complexity and focus though although the 2002 is also great.

Had the ‘02 P2 last night and it was fabulous. Drank it over 4-5 hours and the last sip at midnight was so intense and an endless finish. Jon I have a couple cases of the ‘02 and a case of the P2 so will share at a future dinner!
Looking forward to trying out the ‘12 very soon…

Thanks for the note.