TN: 2014 A. et P. de Villaine Aligoté Bouzeron

• 2014 A. et P. de Villaine Aligoté Bouzeron - France, Burgundy, Côte Chalonnaise, Bouzeron (12/31/2021)
    Was a bit worried given many notes on noting premox, but thankfully this bottle was not oxidised. A bit of earthiness. Dried flowers; linden, hawthorn. Some white peach and confit lemons. With age, this has taken on a vegetal and herbal patina with blanched almonds, celery root, and fennel bulb. A waxy and salty backbone that spreads across the palate and tongue giving the wine some weight and texture. When warmer the wine becomes less bright and the vegetal notes can at times overwhelm, when too cold, there’s loss of texture. Around cellar temp seems to hit just right in order to taste through all the layers of the wine together. As I noted earlier, my bottle was not premoxed, but it was a tad more advanced than I’d expect a 2014 to be. I’d tread carefully given the apparent prevalence of premox noted by others in their bottles, but a bottle in a good shape should be drinking well now and over the next couple of years.

ABV: 12.5%
Closure: natural cork
Stem: Glasvin universal
Decant: N/A