What did you purchase in 2021?

According to CellarTracker, about 55% of my 2021 purchases were German wines. Not surprising as I have been very excited about 2019 German wines.

25% of my purchases were from Burgundy (red and a bit of white)
7% were from California (all Cabernet)
6% were from Bordeaux (red, dry white and Barsac)
5% were from Champagne
2% were from Piedmont

While Champagne only accounted for 5% of purchases, I am excited about what I bought: 2008 Taittinger CdC and 2012 Delamotte. Bought the most wines from Reinhold Haart and von Schubert.

My purchases in 2021 were the second lowest since joining CellarTracker (only 2019 was lower) and continues my trend of buying less wine as I get older.

No hard statistics but I’m comfortable saying 75% Champagne and 25% village and 1ers red Burgs.

Legal services.

Not contingency?

21.7% Burgundy
13.3% Champagne
10.4% Piedmont
9.6% Loire
5.5% Douro
4.9% RhĂ´ne
4.3% Bordeaux
4.3% Tuscany
3.5% Jura
3.5% South Africa (Coastal Region)
2.9% Rioja
2.3% California
2.3% Veneto

The rest at 1% and below.

Way, way too much. 4x my beginning of year “budget”.

2 Likes

Well you don’t have to buy anything for the next 3 years then… newhere

My 2021 petition before the Southern NY District Court seeks not a monetary award, but DoJ and SEC records under the Federal Records Act and Freedom of Information Act. A contingency would not be applicable for non-monetary production.
Those records, however, would be relevant to my 2019 Whistleblower Award petition before the Second Circuit Appeals Court, which has monetary aspects.

90% Burgundy
10% Piedmont, Sicily, Oregon, Misc.

A house…much less wine.

84% French (Burgundy, Champagne, and Rhone)
13% USA (old Napa, Oregon Chard, and dusties)
3% Denmark/Germany (Denmark sparking tea)

Made signficantly fewer purchases in 2021 compared to 2018-2020, when bottles were more readily accessible and prices were far lower. Ah, the good old days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

6 Chemos & accompanying Dr visits etc ! [swoon.gif]

Over 50% Oregon. Up so much from 3-4 years ago.

Ugh! I am very sorry to hear this, Ned. I hope that 2022 brings to you a return to good health and many opportunities to enjoy it.

2 Likes

I have only collected wine for around 5-6 years. So this year I have been backfilling a lot of Northern Rhone syrah. So bought a lot of 12-16, while also getting few 17-19’s to get a steady flow going forward :grin:.

40+ bottles of CĂ´te-RĂ´tie and 60+ bottles overall. And then I have a love for Jura. So added around 15-20 bottles of ouille Savagnin and Chardonnay to my collection as well. 15+ bottles of 16 Barolo. 20+ bottles of Baudry to get that stuff going (14-18). 10+ bottles of Wasenhaus and then a lot of random stuff.

255 bottles, of which 210 remain undrunk. Spending up 22% year-on-year

Quite diverse, with the biggest bottle count going to: Benetiere, Dominus, Foillard, Louis Michel, Marcel Juge, Produttori del Barbaresco, PYCM. Very long tail of ones and twos

Lots of fun things to try from Lopa (not affiliated, just a happy customer) - they are exactly 40% of my buying by bottle count

No detailed stats available, but for keeping a reasonable amount of 2010 Bordeaux has been back filled. For consumption a wider range including bull’s blood, Etna and Bierzo. A definite trend towards light/medium bodied reds with no Southern Rhônes or similar all year.

35% Burgundy (more white than red)
30% Germany (an outlier vs prior years as I also went crazy on the 2019s)
25% Champagne
5% N RhĂ´ne
5% others (California, Sauternes, Port)

The plan for 2022 is less overall and a continued trend toward fewer but higher quality bottles.

1 Like

70% Bordeaux with most concentrated on 8 chateaux
10% Prum plus a few other German wines
10% Burgundy
10% the rest

California 17.9% mostly Chardonnay
Bordeaux 15.1% lots of backfilling old vintages
Germany 14.2%
Tuscany 12.7% Brunello
Champagne 9.1%
Burgundy 7% Chablis

Planning to retire some time in 2022 so loading up the cellar now. I will be on a wine buying freeze in January