TN 2017 Remoissenet Meursault 1er Cru Les Cras

I am usually pretty down on white Burgundy. Given persisting issues with premox, minefield of quality, high prices, and at least for me, high frequency of corked bottles, I had made the decision to stop buying white Burgundy almost entirely. But damn, this wine is fantastic. It’s making me reassess my decision, and given how expensive white Burgundy is, I’m almost regretting drinking this.

The wine is a pale yellow in appearance, looks very youthful. The smells coming out of the glass are fantastic. It driven by sweet citrus, Meyer lemon, lemon bars, key lime pie, lemonade. Then there are fresh green and yellow apple smells as well. There are sweet white flowers, crushed rocks, crème fraiche, a little bit of pie crust and vanilla whipped cream. I could smell this for a long time.

Wonderful in the mouth. Medium bodied, and high in acid. Again, the lemon/lime and tart apples are at the front of the flavor profile. I taste pears as well. There is a beautiful creaminess at the back end of the palate that rounds out an otherwise focused acid driven experience. Well balanced. The finish is again citrus dominated and loooong. First half bottle drank well, and largely unchanged over the course of 5 hrs. Fresh as a daisy on day 2.

What a fantastic wine, and one that it just starting to enter prime drinking. The acid and amazing freshness indicate that it will drink well for 10 years at least.