TN: 2019 Müller-Ruprecht Saumagen Riesling N (Germany, Pfalz)

Continuing my run of excellent wines for the last two holidays…

• 2019 Müller-Ruprecht Saumagen Riesling N - Germany, Pfalz (12/17/2021)
    This is an absolute show stopper! This is bright electric yellow green in color. It is full of life, and moving. A true classic trocken, it’s neither heavy nor brooding, just shining, with mineral, slate, spice seeds, taught, bright fruit, tart nectarine and pear, melon rind, rocky soil, etc.! What a great wine! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Anyone knows what the N on the label means? It it the plot “Nil” Weinlagen

Charlie, this is from Stephen Bitterolf- ‘“N” is for “Nill” - a parcel of the Saumagen - it’s a pretty big site that sorta looks like an L and the various parcels can actually be quite different - I believe “N” is the coolest part of the site.’

1 Like

Learned something… kinda cool!

DANKE

Thanks to Charlie I ordered this wine, as it was on my to-drink-list since a few months. But his TN gave me the push to really do it. [cheers.gif]

Note: I ordered the 2020 vintage, as 2019 was not available

2020 Müller-Ruprecht, Kallstadter Saumagen „N“ Riesling, trocken.

Dear Riesling-friends,

load your truck! This is amazing juice, such fresh, such pure and extremely sublime “feinziseliert“. Taste like Norwegian glacier water. :joy:

Available chez Stephen Bitterolf. Don’t miss it!

P.S.

here in Europe for 19,50 Euro chez Pinard de Picard.

Super happy you loved the wine. Thanks for posting the note! Sadly I only have a few.

Müller-Ruprecht is no longer listed under Vom Boden’s Pfalz growers. Maybe they are no longer bringing them in.

This is a source | material wine. We initially sold it as part of the Golden Generation offer that was curated by Klaus Peter Keller. We will be offering it again.

Full disclosure: Stephen and I are partners in source | material, I am not involved in any way with Vom Boden other then as one of their largest and happiest customers.

1 Like