TN: 2013 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Viña Gravonia

Popped this recent arrival the other night.

• 2013 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Viña Gravonia - Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja (12/17/2021)
    That LdH ox style is present. Waxy and round, yet tangy and acidic. Youthful. Lemon, mushroom, nuts, oil. Medium-bodied. Lighter concentration. Very compact still. Does what this wine is supposed to do, a tad lighter than other recent vintages. But if you like the style, it is what you want from LdH blanco. May be a bit young right now for ideal showing.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

I have a 2012 of this, but wondering what food to pair it with. Any thoughts on what to serve with it?

Purchased a bottle of it because of the high praise on CT.

Split pea soup?

Paella Valenciana.

Any of the above. As well as shellfish, or cheeses and charcuterie.

1 Like

Agree those matches plus something I have yet to try myself, suggested by a local Spanish wine food expert - mango salad. That got me to thinking more like grilled chicken with a mango salsa has any one tried anything along either of these lines?
I have a few bottles of ‘06 that should be about ready and some ‘14 (I think it is) also Tondonia blanco 09 slumbering.

Seafood stew.

1 Like

Gravonia is imo an incredibly versatile wine, moreso than the Tondonia blanco. It is not easy to think of a dish that pairs with another white wine that would not be a candidate for gravonia.

In Spain, this would be served with a seafood paella.