TN: DRC...2016 La Tache, 2012 Corton.

• 2016 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti La Tâche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, La Tâche Grand Cru (12/18/2021)
    A late night grab off the list…I’ve never seen a bottle of DRC go from cork pulled, splash decant, poured in glasses, then drunk, SO quickly! My initial impression was how wonderfully red fruited and elegant the wine was! A brighter, more feminine LT than I’ve had. Just SO pretty with crushed wild redberry fruits, exotic dusty and floral tea spices…killer dryness of red licorice and crunchy minerals…bright and focused, yet reserved power that doesn’t want you to see all the goods just yet! Can’t imagine how much even better it would have been, with a couple hours in the decanter! WOW wine for sure. (98 pts.)

• 2012 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Corton Domaine Prince Florent de Merode - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (12/18/2021)
    Open in bottle for 2.5hrs, tasted in hotel room and it had a little spritz on it…did a little shake, and it was ready to go at the restaurant! Did need time to open up, and boy did it! Gorgeous DRC perfume nose…exotic cherry and wild strawberry…whole cluster underbrush, sandalwood and white pepper…little smoke in the woods as well. Darkened up quite considerably from the high toned red berry brightness, to a deeper chocolate covered raspberry, rich earth, little sous bois and leather. Fantastic firm structure, yet silky smooth…iron fist, velvet glove thing. The florals and exotics were intoxicating…the wine just kept expanding till the very end. Killer wine! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

5 Likes

Very nice, haven’t had the 16 yet, 10 and 17 this year were superb.

Great seeing you and the rest of our old crew last night!
Not sure how you even were able to write any notes with the two cases of wine we went through champagne.gif

1 Like

love your enthusiasm.

Well done Mr Buzz.

Solid list buy.

i agree with your notes :wink:

although i did seem to like the corton a little bit more than you. shocking how open and expressive this bottle was. it was great to see everyone and break bread again.

BLittle wrote:
Not sure how you even were able to write any notes with the two cases of wine we went through > champagne.gif

Wow. Just wow. [cheers.gif]

Young LT is amazing and I actually prefer it without a decant. But that assumes you don’t suck it down in 20 min. I would pop and pour a bottle off the list and watch it evolve in the glass over dinner for 2-3 hours, which was delightful.

Awesome.

‘16 LT is a legend in the making. The most experienced DRC drinker I know swears it’s one of the best ever made.

I would agree, it’s one of the top 3 LT I’ve had. In the same league as 90 and 78.

99 is up there.

but yeah, the 16 is fire.

The very few I’ve had seem legendary to me! All great experiences! Wonder why they think this 16 is one of best ever? Would love to hear their thoughts.

best young red I ever tasted. Out of barrel at DRC. One of my life’s highlights.

If I ever get to pop corks with you Doc I expect the 99! flirtysmile

alan took the barrel home so you’re good.

even i had the pleasure of sharing a glass with alan. dood, let’s make it happen.