Envoyer for newbies?

I’ve heard a lot of positive stuff here about Envoyer. However, I am already on a number of retailer lists. So, wondering if Envoyer has any specific leg up on the competition (e.g. Full Pull, K&L, Kermit Lynch, etc.), in terms of price, service, overall quality, etc?

I’d say very competitive pricing as well as the build a case (or several) ordering structure. Their selected offerings also tend to be unique, hard to get, or at least high quality if you have a more traditional palate.

I’d also sign up for Lopa Wine. Similar setup and very attractive offerings.

I was initially very high on Envoyer, but pre-arrival is stretching towards two years on a few items, which has me very concerned.

I know logistics/shipping is a nightmare right now, but I can’t even get them to ship the stuff I have in stock.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t either. I called and was on perma-hold, so I sent an email requesting a shipment be sent and got no reply.

Good to great pricing, and I’ve never had any service issues. All in stock items were shipped recently at my request. For pre arrival, I’m never in a rush to receive product, and so far have no reason to doubt things will eventually come in. So no hesitation to deal with them.

I don’t “need” the wine, except that one of the items that has been in stock for months was supposed to be a birthday or alternatively a Christmas present for someone. PITA.

I get it. Not making any excuses for issues others have encountered, just relating my experience.

1 Like

They stopped selling to my state since their new website so I don’t buy from them anymore. I still get the emails though.

If you’re emailing Terry then your emails are going into the ether, as she no longer works there. If you’re emailing somebody else, well — don’t know what to say.

+1 on Lopa - I’ve had great experiences with Scott and his pricing is regularly W-S low, often by an unreasonably wide margin. His library offerings are also pretty tough to beat from a price perspective. Some of the prearrivals take time to get in (like Envoyer) and the time frames aren’t always accurate. That can be a little frustrating, but if you ask for an update they will usually try and get one to you pretty quickly. I did have issues getting in contact with them at one point for over a month. I was assured by WBers that they would get around to responding and they did. Received my first shipment a month or two ago and it was beautifully packed. Also interesting to note, Lopa can ship 15 bottles at a time for under $50 which was nice.

I chose to stick with Lopa over Envoyer because of cost and convenience.

1 Like

Emailing Greg, who always says he’ll take care of things, but rarely does unless it’s to sell more wine.

They can ship 15 bottles at a time you say? That’s awesome…I don’t know how I missed that. Scott is great, and like others have mentioned, it takes some time for some of the wines to get through. Plus, you cannot beat the prices…they are very fair. I also like the transparency he’s offered each time I’ve reached out with any concern.

That’s unfortunate. Maybe time for him to add another employee?

Scott is super nice, and his selections and pricing are awesome. The only problem(s) I have with Lopa, and they are quite annoying, is the unclear confirmations and the randomness of when I get invoiced; not only do I like to control how much I spend, but I also like to control when I spend my money — ya’ just don’t get to do that with Lopa, which – ultimately – depresses the number of orders I place with them, as I’m afraid I’ll get invoiced out of nowhere for outstanding orders in a clump or close in time to each other.

That’s fair. I think I’ve only had one, maybe two orders unavailable when I reached out, of course I’ve also never ordered a super-limited item (at least not that I’m aware of). The invoicing can be tough as well, but I track all my purchases on a spreadsheet for Lopa specifically so I know what I’m waiting on. It makes sense to me having such a limited budget relative to what a lot of others are working with.

I like Explorer for champagne.

Wow, really surprised to hear this. Greg has always been responsive to me, including an email exchange last week. First rate customer service and exceptional selection of champagnes. They seem particularly eager to ship wine now as they need to free up warehouse space.

Not questioning the experience of others but this is completely at odds with my own experience both over many years and in recent weeks.

2 Likes

Helped a friend get some Champagne in their cellar and was shocked at the incompetence on their part. Several sub out that they ordered in the fall and I got so mad I told them to offer free shipping which they did. Will never promote them again and concerned for their future if this is happening to others that are well known wine consumers.

Yeah, I’m in the “Envoyer has changed camp”. Basically just over the last year or so. I’ve had issues with them forgetting I had wines in their old system, miscounting wines for shipping charges, and now they are wanting payment for shipping for wines previously purchased but have not arrived. Besides that, their shipping charges have gone up so much that its become competitive to buy at other places.

So yeah, I am cutting down on buying from them.

I used to order from them but will never again. Don’t care how good the Champagne offers are. I am buying more local with about 95% of my purchases and WTSO might get more business from me as they have the best and I mean best customer service I have ever seen out of state. All you FedEx bashers they are shipping a day or two early.

1 Like