Holiday TNs

Been trying quite a few wines as we got the cellar moved finally.

2017 Lagier Meredith Syrah
2012 Andremily #1
2016 Chateau Tour St. Christophe
2013 Schrader RBS Beckstoffer To-Kalon
2016 William & Mary Shifflett Vineyard Cab
2017 Hudson Ladybug Chardonnay
2018 Bedrock Old Hill Ranch Heritage
2014 Chateau Vieux Mazerat
2004 Ceretto Barbaresco Bricco Asili
2008 Einaudi Baroolo Nei Cannubi
2010 Cabot Humboldt County Syrah
2018 Bedrock Old Vine Zin

Enjoyed all thoroughly for very different reasons…Lagier Meredith has a ton of character, textbook mountain fruit and structure… Andremily while big shows great balance…Tour St. Christophe may be my favorite value Merlot play along with La Fleur Morange Mathilde…Schrader started out a bit blocky but settled down…W&M was like drinking velvet…Hudson scratched the big oaky Chard itch, sorta reminds me of Kongsgaard…Bedrock Old Hill was flat out delicious…Vieux Mazerat while too rich most years for me is delicious in a tamer year like 2014…Ceretto was starting to pick up a little rim variation but was very floral with great acidity…Einaudi was a beast great fruit and tannin just starting to see a really good drinking window.
…not sure how I was so late on Cabot train but balanced and savory at same time…Bedrock OVZ was great with Turkey and is one of the great values in red wine, period.

Kris Patten wrote:
Tour St. Christophe may be my favorite value Merlot play along with La Fleur Morange Mathilde

Totally agree, Kris. The Tour St. Christophe is such a tremendous value. Bought several and wish we bought more. Happy Holidays and congratulations on getting the cellar moved!

Ed

Outside of these two, my Merlot fix comes almost exclusively from Washington. Easier to explore them living here.