Zalto Bordeaux In-Stock Anywhere???

On the hunt. Anyone know where I can find some?

If you move quickly, we have some stock on our Zalto-centric website, www.TheManufactory.com. It’s part of Winemonger imports, but we’ve split the majority of what Zalto stock we were able to bring in over to that site.

I expect things to sell out by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

And yes, as I continue to be as transparent as possible, I am one of the owners of Winemonger, US importer for Zalto, totes ITB, and a Berserker Biz level member. There is very, very little stock available for the US right now… more to come in early/Spring 2022.

Cheers!

Thank you!!!

I just bought several Bordeaux and Burgundy glasses.

Hope I dont break any! Like hen’s teeth at this point here.

Thanks for being there, Emily. I love my Zalto BDX and happy you talked me into that size as I only use one style of stem.

Any other ideas? Need a few for a Christmas Gift.

Is anything wrong or is this just normal supply chain issues

Just get a Spiegelau Definition Bordeaux glass until Zalto’s are back stock again? It is almost 1:1 with Zalto’s.

The entire Definition line looks almost 1:1. In the picture on Amazon the Bordeaux glass stem looks like it may be a hair thicker.

It is almost 1:1. I own both. It is a little thicker, most notably at the connections. But it is a very small difference. I put both on a weight scale and I think the difference was only 7 gram…

And not cheap for Spiegelau at $30 a glass here, but half the price of Zalto. I have 6 Zalto Bordeaux that I am taking care of a little better than usual now given the supply chain issues; I also have some different Spiegelau for larger family dinners that I’m not too happy with, so neat to see this might be a good alternative for that use.

I didn’t realize that Zalto (the man) was no longer part of Zalto (the company). Anybody tried his new glasses:

That Forbes article indicated Riedel Wine Wings stole the Josephine design. Has anyone compared the two against each other?

Crazy prices. Zalto is around 40$ here, Spiegelau Definition is 20$. I bought in bulk with some friends and just got 12x at 15$.

I also had various other Spiegelau glasses. All very clumsy, but works well for parties and people who don’t care :smile: but the Definition glasses are at Zalto’s level.

Me either.

Makes me a lot more likely to use Grassl or Gabriel Glas

There’s a shortage of Zaltos globally at the moment as nearly all production is destined for the new 67 Pall Mall Clubs opening in Singapore and Verbier in the near future. This should abate in February apparently.

One club has absorbed enough Zalto production for the prior 7 months of shortages and will extend until February.

Sure.

Singapore is taking 20,000 stems which is taking 3mo to fulfil. Not sure about Verbier

We will have them back in stock in about 6 weeks, maybe sooner.

Thes Bordeaux stems seem to be back in stock at several stores (as well as the universal). Haven’t seen the burgundy stem.

1 Like

The Zalto Bordeaux is the best Burgundy glass ever made :wink:

5 Likes