TN: '00 Mikulski Meursault 1er / '89 Troplong

'00 MIKULSKI MEURSAULT 1ER / '89 TROPLONG - One10 (12/1/2021)

Starters
With truffled burrata, pancetta wrapped shrimp excellent Gigante beans w/ chardonnay vinaigrette & splendid Cinco Jotas Black Label Pata Negra Jamon Iberico di Bellota

• 2000 Domaine François Mikulski Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru
    A nose of butter and minerals. The minerals are evident on the palate as well, and along with fresh acidity, they beautifully balance the rich, only slightly mature flavors. A glorious bottle of Meursault!

Entrees
Elk Chops corn puree with sweet summer corn, roasted fingerling potato, crispy prosciutto, gruyere fondue , SRF Skirt Steak smashed Yukon gold potato, crispy shallots & balsamic demi & Veal Chop topped with prosciutto, mozzarella/fontina blend, sautéed spinach & luciano sauce

• 1989 Château Troplong Mondot - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru
    Well this was a surprise! Past experience with this estate had me decidedly in the “not my style” camp. This 89 though was more restrained and had much better balance. Still there is ripeness, richness and extraction. It seemed like Jekyl & Hyde sharing this wine rather than trading off. That dichotomy made it a bit strange at times. But overall, an enjoyable and impressive wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for sharing! The '89 Troplong was one of my early Bordeaux epiphanies; though they are horrendously out of fashion on here it’s nice to see the '89 get a shout out [cheers.gif]