Jeb Dunnuck Top 100

Too much Bordeaux. Not enough Zinfandel.

Where is MACDONALD ???

I certainly don’t want to swap!

me either. Each to his own.

I know that Jeb likes big red wines but am I correct that there are 2 whites on the list, with the first at #88??

1 Like

This list is like a blast from 2006.

2 Likes

Oof

Didn’t notice that at first - wow . . .

Caterwaul NV at #23 for $50 is crazy. What a QPR wine!

2 Likes

I’m surprised that you didn’t know Caterwaul was better than Macdonald rolleyes

1 Like

But what about the Tensley in the top 10 under $50? Oh wait - it’s not Napa and nor Cab . . . [stirthepothal.gif]

1 Like

Yeah, almost no white wines–tells you a lot.

And then the familiar Big Boy Chateauneuf in there. Would be interested to calculate the average of the alcohol content over the 100 wines…

That Colson Canyon Syrah is great almost every single vintage. I loaded up a couple of months ago when Total Wine had a $10 off (per bottle!) deal. Cheers!

Interesting - a Charbono at #55. I really don’t follow Top 100 lists, but has anyone ever seen a Charbono/Bonarda on one before from a major publication? Anyone familiar with that one?

Don’t subscribe to his site. Does he not taste a lot of White Wines or just does like them at 95 points or higher?

One scored a 94 and the other a 99. :person_shrugging:

I’m planning to try one tonight!!!

I’ve always felt that these lists were not made to indicate quality alone. Much in the same way that a MLB MVP isn’t simply the best player.

One of the considerations for a list like this is general availability. Some wines, such as MacDonald, are not generally available and so don’t make these types of lists.

2 Likes

Good point and MacDonald is not available to the general public. Would love to get one, but I’ll likely receive an allocation in a decade or two lol.

I thought he had way too many really high and 100 pt scores, then did a comparison of other 2021 lists. Holy Suckling. Couldn’t find a RP top 100 list.

JD
13 - 100 pts
12 - 99 pts
14 - 98 pts
18 - 97 pts
57/100 97 or higher.
Lowest score - 91 (1 wine)

Suckling
25 - 100 pts
45 - 99 pts
30 - 98 pts
100/100 - 98pts or higher.