TN: 2019 Ridge Zinfandel Paso Robles (USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles)

• 2019 Ridge Zinfandel Paso Robles - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (11/26/2021)
    Day 1: Spices, dust, green peppers, bramble, dark fruits, pepper and floral notes. Medium finish and enjoyable wine on the pop and pour. This should improve with some air. 90 points
    Day 2: Showing some nice tiny berries, mild spices, bramble, green peppers, black pepper, dust and floral notes. Enjoyable but this needs to be cellared for a while. 90+ points
    Day 3: Sour berries, bramble, green peppers, spice, dust and floral notes. Good overall but not a wine I would purchase again for $30.00. 90 points
    Recommendation: For sure not a big Zin and needs at least 5 years in the cellar. Hard to tell where this is going in terms of improvement. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I got two bottles in my Ridge club shipment. I enjoyed the first one, but see it as a near term drinker, and not something to lay down for more than a couple of years.

Are all vintages of this wine like that or it varies? Drinking the last glass at day 3.5 and a bit thin on the palate.

1 Like

Last glass was a bit thin.
2019 ridge zin and glass.JPG

4 days and two ounces left? That’s not fair to the wine.

Opened on Friday so 3 days. [snort.gif]

Day 4…but really it’s the air to wine ratio. I would completely discount your impressions treating the wine that way. Zero useful info.

Are you a scientist? Curious how you come to that conclusion.

My education is in science, and I spent 18 years of my professional career dealing with oxygen systems.

Well then. [cheers.gif]