Sea Smoke Sea Spray

Hi All,
Was just offered an allocation of this Blanc de Noir, couldn’t find any info via a search and no notes on CT. Curious if anyone has any experience with this bottling. I was a buyer of their PNs for several years and stopped, can’t recall why exactly, but was recently offered a new allocation, maybe this comes with it?
Thanks,
Carlo

I’m not sure what vintage you’re looking at but there’s one note on the 15 and plenty on previous vintages in CT. Just search for sea spray and they should pop up. [cheers.gif]

had it a few times. Its ok even good but nothing over the top great

2 Likes

I had the 2015 back in July and enjoyed it. I’d put it on par with some of the better Cali Sparkling wines I’ve had, but not Ultramarine. More of a daily drinker but a bit of a unicorn given my understanding that it’s a bit hard to come by.

What’s the tariff they’re asking? It was $90 off a restaurant wine list.

1 Like

Should have mentioned it’s the '16 vintage.
$80 per bottle.
Appreciate the first hand insights.

I’m a 20 year Sea Smoke fan and buyer, and I frankly thought it was pretty lousy. Though that was the first or second vintage, it could well have gotten better with practice.

1 Like

I like sea spray; it’s very good but not singular, not the best qpr.

I bought some last year. Wasn’t all that impressed, especially at their price point. Will not be buying again.

We drank a 2012 Morlet Champaign on Turkey Day last week that was outstanding. I think I paid $50’ish for it a few years ago.

I had no idea there was an AVA in that part of Illinois. champagne.gif

Remember, if it comes from Indiana or Missouri, it’s just midwestern sparkling wine.

I assume you are joking? If not, Pierre Morlet Champagne is imported from France. I think he owns a vineyard there. And I got my vintage screwed up. It was a 2004. “2004 Pierre Morlet Champagne Brut Millésimé”

Please look at your earlier post for your spelling of “Champaign.” Then have a sip and a good laugh.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. Yeah, doesn’t sound like I should take a flyer on this one, at least not this credit card cycle. I also did my holiday shopping, including a gaming console for my son and to paraphrase…it concentrated the mind wonderfully.

1 Like

Any recent thoughts on the ‘16? Saw on last bubbles, offered at $90/btl. CT seems to have some decent notes on it