Food for Tom Hill

I am sure Tom has followed every one of these grapes since day one.

There is another article about this on Jancis’ website but there is a paywall.

4 Likes

Well, Mel…probably the most blatant example of ClickBait ever on WB!!
No of those are varieties that I’ve ever heard of…let alone tried.
Tom

I reckon Tom and Otto after a togetherness lockdown would make the guy in the article look like an amateur.

[cheers.gif] To tasting with an open mind

1 Like

Tom Hill … isn’t he that self-righteous know-it-all that habitually besmirches the pristine reputations of producers, distributors, and shop owners? Pfffft!!

I see there is a Bouysselet available locally. This was her fave, albeit from a different producer. I ll get some and report back.

Yup, Brian… the very one!!
I’m going back for a 3’rd this weekend. Found someone to run the VA numbers on it.
I’ve shown it to a dozen folks now and all have been repulsed by it.
But what do they know?? That’s the way it’s supposed to taste!!
Tom

1 Like

Maybe it’s an acquired taste thing and by the third bottle, it might not be the only thing you acquired [winner.gif]

1 Like

Oh, please let those results be that which you predict. We need a sequel!! [rofl.gif]

How is your collection of Ocelot? According to WineSearcher, there has not been a bottle of it for sale anywhere in the world since April 2021 and CT lists two bottles, one of which is owned by a guy in Brescia, Italy and the other of which is available for barter only in exchange for a bottle of DRC La Romanee, direct handoff in White Plains, NY, preferred.

I believe the State of Missouri has planted everyone of those varietals; well maybe not, but here is there short list: Varietals | MO Wine