Court of Master Sommeliers Expels 6 Members after Sexual Misconduct Investigation

anyone with access to the article care to share who it was besides Fred Dame?

“ Six master sommeliers will lose their prestigious wine titles following investigations into sexual misconduct allegations, pending appeals — notably San Francisco’s Fred Dame, who has been called “the godfather of the American sommelier community,” and two other local figures: Robert Bath, a professor at St. Helena’s Culinary Institute of America, and Matt Stamp, co-owner of Napa restaurant Compline.

The Napa-based Court of Master Sommeliers, Americas, the influential organization that can make a sommelier’s career, announced on Wednesday that it will also move to terminate the membership of Fred Dexheimer, a wine consultant in Brooklyn; Drew Hendricks, who had been director of business development at Pioneer Wine Co. in Texas until November 2020; and Joseph Linder, a sommelier in Seattle.”

2 Likes

interesting, mostly just surprised its only 6 people.

Here’s a link with most of the info-

Good riddance.

My understanding is that key persons shared a spit-versus-swallow private rating scorecard.

Are you posting drunk after a bottle of cheap crappy old Cali cab? This is a disgusting attempt at humor.

9 Likes

+1

WTF?

I am totally sober, and relay an overheard discussion about an awful play on wine-tasting terms in that society. I was horrified too.

Please look up the definition of “discretion.”

This was well described in the excellent book Wine Girl that I highly recommend.

3 Likes

Yep.

Are you suggesting you’ve graduated from blind links to relaying statements from blind sources that when taken without source or context are offensive?

Yeah man, that was wildly insensitive and completely uncalled for. You’re better than that.

Wow … much more discretion in posting is needed. Where are the admins? Distracted by NewbiePalooza?

Whoa Victor…

Interesting that Linder got the oust, he hasn’t been in the wine business here in 5-6 years… he left to remodel homes… interesting that a member who isn’t in wine gets the curb… Im not saying he’s innocent at all, you would think that it would actually be a current active member…

Sounds like a sacrifice to the MS gods…

Has some details & not behind a paywall.