TNs: 16 Crochet Cul de Beaujeu, 18 Berthaut-Gerbet Gevrey Combe du Dessus, 09 Riverby Estate Noble Riesling

• 2009 Riverby Estate Noble Riesling Single Vineyard Marlborough - New Zealand, South Island, Marlborough (11/11/2021)
    Brilliant dessert wine with an unctuous texture, quite sweet with a honeyed note. On the heavier side but still very much balanced with sufficient acidity to avoid being too cloying. A clean and precise wine, an absolutely lovely drop.
  • 2018 Domaine Berthaut-Gerbet Gevrey-Chambertin Combe-du-Dessus - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (11/11/2021)
    Very aromatic nose (not my comment clearly), with a savoury element to it that belied its Gevrey roots. On the palate, some evidence of plummy fruit but not overdone with respect to the vintage, but still quite tight with lots of underlying potential. Would hold off on these for a while. I think her Gevrey plots are supposedly better than the Vosne ones, but better to keep that a secret!
  • 2016 Lucien Crochet Sancerre Le Cul de Beaujeu - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Sancerre (9/11/2021)
    Excellent intensity with good ripeness and concentration to the fruit. Pears and melon with some citrus zest towards the end. No greenness at all. I haven’t had Cotat but this is cheaper and a great representation of Sancerre as well, love everything I have tried from this producer.