2006 Turley Pesenti Zinfandel

pileon So this was a grab off of the rack… and so nice to have random aged single vineyard Turley Zinfandel to plunk out of a rack… not a hint of over powering alcohol… lush rich old tannins… tart old fruit … a blend of blackberries, dark cherries and black currants well aged and ready to charge out out the paddock!

Big fans of old wines! This wine is quite seductive and reductive! Heavy sense of earthiness on an ethereal scale!

Thanks for the note Matt! I was just talking with a buyer today who is going to Paso and I told her the story about my visit to Turley in Templeton, at the Pesenti Vineyard site.

Matt - I’m curious what the alcohol was listed at on the label.

Happy to add detail… alcohol by label is 15.9%… and the wine was decanted for approximately 90 minutes.

To taste the alcohol really didn’t play a significant role… perhaps it would be different initially as a pop and pour. I have a 2005 set aside for Thanksgiving on the basic principle that 2005 seemed like an excellent vintage across the board in Paso Robles!

Worth noticing is that Turley are very accurate with their alcohol markings, not like many others who will label a 16.9% wine as 15.9% to fib.