TN: 2016 Caprili Brunello di Montalcino

• 2016 Caprili Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (10/17/2021)
    Decanted 3 hrs. Reserved a bit on the nose and a longer decant would have surely helped but time and circumstance dictated we had to man up and suffer as is :wink: — This is all about potential, tightly coiled with sneak peak glimpses of dark cherry, terrific purity and focus. Earthy tones mid palate with buttressing acidity arriving on point and well balanced as a whole. Loved this and I’m sure tomorrow or another 10 years will bring many a smile to those who wait. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Don’t hear much about Caprili around here, but a consistently great wine and a relative bargain in the world of Montalcino wines. Thanks for the note

I literally just purchased some. Good to see these notes

I have been considering purchasing some of the Caprili Brunello to give it a try, so if you decide to open a bottle anytime soon, let us know your thoughts Brian…

1 Like

It was the 13 Rosso that drew me to this producer - the Brunello is modest increase in price and a very savvy play of your Italian Red Wine dollars. Oh, so is the Rosso :slight_smile: