Notes on a couple 2016 Zins

2016 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel - Purple in color. 14.8% ABV. Splendid nose of red fruits, anise, flowers and pepper. Medium to full bodied with mouth watering acidity. Bursting with bright, juicy fruits. Black cherry, raspberry compote, licorice and pepper on the palate. Exceptional length on the finish. Super Zinfandel. As good as it gets from the Dry Creek Valley. This will age well. Best over the next 3-5 years. My rating: 93 points.

Full review on Zinfandel Chronicles - 2016 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel - Bottle Notes | Zinfandel Chronicles

2016 Turley Zinfandel “Buck” Cobb Vineyard - Crimson in color. 15.1% ABV. Somewhat closed on the nose with scents of red fruits, baking spices and citrus. Medium body with ample acidity. Soft, approachable and well balanced. Cherry, blood orange, earth and pepper on the palate. Super length on the finish. Delicious and easy to drink but more rustic than I typically expect from Turley. Best over the next year or so. My rating: 90 points.

Full review on Zinfandel Chronicles - 2016 Turley Zinfandel "Buck" Cobb Vineyard - Bottle Notes | Zinfandel Chronicles

Tom
IMG_1494-1-scaled-e1634012580166.jpg
IMG_1492-scaled-e1633923643893.jpg

1 Like