TN: 2019 Carl Loewen Longuicher Maximiner Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett

• 2019 Carl Loewen Longuicher Maximiner Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (10/15/2021)
    Mosel Riesling is at its best when it displays grace and still carries an underlying sense of power. This Kabinett, coming from 100+ year old ungrafted vines, does exactly that. The aromatics are in HD, with the color saturation turned way up. Lime zest, pea shoots, the beach as the tide recedes - it’s all there in vivid detail. Flavors are mouth filling but never overpowering, until at the finish this wave of slate emerges that sits down in your face, and announces that it’s never leaving. This drinks like a Feinherb, and finishes almost dry from the bright acids. Balanced for long aging, the trick is to not drink it up. I still miss the Schmitt-Wagner wines, but the vines are in extremely capable hands.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

I love your note(s), I am going to pop a bottle of Riesling I’ve been meaning to get to and will post a note in your honor!

1 Like

Not drinking them young is tricky. They can be so approachable in their youth. Christopher and Karl Josef are doing justice to the site

1 Like

And this for $20-$25.

1 Like

Unquestionably crazy good value. Makes it easier to buy larger quantities so there’s enough to drink in its youth and down the road. Though you have to buy it on release as not much is available afterwards. Story of many German rieslings though.