All Things Trader Joe's - 2020 Grand Reserve SRH Pinot Noir Lot #106

$12.99

13.7% ABV

Just sayin…
20211013_171143_HDR.jpg

How was it?

Also, which TJ?

It’s the best $13 Pinot I’ve every had. LOL

Good cranberry, mineral notes. Solid. I’m in for two cases and probably get more.

I think it’s available at most stores, I’ve purchased from 3 different stores.

A new $13 dollar Pinot from TJ’s/Srh NO, not quite the same effect after reading Roy’s Macdonald thread :slight_smile:

Wow. Thanks for the tip!

I hear it’s declassified De Negoce juice.

3 Likes

Hilarious!

1 Like

So interesting indeed. 2020 was a year that saw a decent crop load in our area in 2020, with a good amount of fruit sold to wineries up north that were adversely affected by the fires. Can someone who has a bottle note where it was bottled please?

Cheers

I heard it’s actually latour under TJ’s label :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The 3 winemakers I’ve talked to in the last month in that area said when they picked early it was fine. Very few sites were ruined. I’ve asked this question to all the CA and Washington State winemakers that come by since many of the vintages they’re presenting to me are still 2017-2018 (2017 wasn’t easy either)

Bill,

I’m not sure what you’re replying to. Our area was not affected by fires at all - from beginning of harvest to the end. And BTW, where is your store located?

Cheers.

Bozzano & Co, Morgan Hill

Got a couple. If it sucks, you owe me $26.

Deal

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Interesting indeed. Anthony Bozzanno worked with the Miller family at Central Coast Wine Services / Bien Nacido for a number of years IIRC. He does have great contacts.

Looks like this must have been bulked out by a vineyard - or two - during the craziness of 2020. Note that there are some larger vineyards out in the SRH that probably were either worried that they were not going to be able to sell their fruit OR brought in too much for their production. In any event, that’s a killer deal if the juice is good.

Cheers.

1 Like

Good info. I’ve had a TJ’s special from them sometime in the last year that was terrific. If the bttlg address is Modesto or AmericanCnyn, it’s probably
a FredFranzia bulk wine.
Hopefully, my SantaFe TJ’s will have this. They were supposed to have a Syrah ncoming out that the guy said was pretty terrific.
Tom

Is the one in charge of this company: http://bozzanoandcompany.com/
I had his Weights&Measures Chard (?) back last Dec & was mightly impressed. He got back to me & gave me a head’s up about the Syrah.
They btl their wines at GuglielmoWnry in MorganHill. Chris Brown is his winemaker.
He wouldn’t tell me who produced the W&M wine, though.
Tom

Drinking some right now…
Translucent ruby red…
Strawberry, crushed cranberries, floral, subtle herb, pine resin, ‘perfumed’ elegant PN aromas
Medium-bodied, medium finish
Solid, varietally correct PN, crisp, tangy, elegant, red fruits lightly dance on the palate
Really good, and for $13 (a price associated with a suburban party wine) quite ‘tasty’; not too complex, though. TJs, a perennial dumping ground for utterly shit wines…a surprising good buy this time round
I ‘may’ get a few more bottles, but NOT a multiple case wine for me
90-91 pts

3 Likes

I pretty much agree with Barry.
This is an enjoyable wine. It smells and tastes like Pinot noir. It has no discernible flaws. It doesn’t bowl you over, but tastes good. Light-bodied, no great length.
For $13, it does the job, no question. QPR is high. If I was doing an event where I needed an affordable wine in quantity, this would be worthy of consideration.
I doubt I will be buying much more, but it’s a surprise winner at the price point.

2 Likes