Surprise at the response of latest Rhys offer

Rhys used to be one of the Bored Darlings as recently as a few years ago. Latest release comes out, and…crickets.
What a change of heart so quickly. Remember this next time some winery here gains top billing, as the turncoats can turn on an instance.

I still love the wine, prices have just gone a bridge too far for me.

1 Like

Given how much wine mailing list members have the opportunity to buy (a lot), combined with recent-ish price increases, it doesn’t surprise me that folks here are slowing-down their purchases. Other folks, such as myself, may have additional reasons for slowing down or stopping purchases. I’m pretty sure I’ll buy the Alpine Chard…

Live by the demand curve, expire by the demand curve.

1 Like

It is also pretty readily available at auction seemingly for prices close to original release. I enjoy Rhys, but personally I’m looking there instead of the new release, especially with the new, higher pricing.

Turncoats? Which opposing cause did they take up arms for? I am fascinatated by this and refuse to live in ignorance on the matter. Don’t be shy with details.

I’ve been largely sick of the “order in” posts for a very long time. Frankly glad there’s no thread.

2 Likes

Was that intentional or an accident? Seems fitting either way.

But yeah, don’t really get the “turncoats” idea. Its a wine retailer. Not a nation. Price and after market availability have eroded the instant hype. I’m sure the winery is doing fine.

I exaggerate to make a point. People profess their “loyalty” to their winery-of-the-day. This sounds like a type of fealty to me.
But loyalty only goes so far, doesn’t it? Making me think these “loyal subjects” are as fickle as the wind and their oaths of fealty
as empty as the promise they made to be “all in” or “wish listed max”.

“Wine bored” was coined by the late great Chris Coad AFAIK. It is almost always apropos.

Winery of the day? Rhys has been discussed for around 15 years. The lack of a “what are you buying on the fall release” thread is suddenly people being fickle?

That’s well beyond exaggeration.

3 Likes

I dropped out when I learned about the destroyed wetlands.

4 Likes

Matthiasson opened yesterday also and not a peep…

That’s a place where I actually quit the club, because by far my favorite wines from them (Napa White Wine and Napa Red Wine) don’t require club membership.

Marcus, regardless of how accurate a portrayal it may or may not be, I enjoy the intensity of your opinions on this matter. And for that reason, I’m with you on this.

So how about it you Rhys cowards??? How powerful is your god now?? Like Zod, I DEFY YOU!

Typical Habs fan. :wink:

1 Like

The avatar is a combination of American power and Canadian kindness. Seriously why Bo Jackson was given a Habs uniform for the photo shoot always bewildered me (and perhaps it bewildered him as well). But the more wine I consumed while thinking about it led me to realize that I’m overthinking it. Bo’s not a Benedict Arnold (Turncoat alert!). He simply transcends the meaningless squabbles and boundaries that chain the rest of us. So I’m trying to be a little bit more like Bo.

1 Like

I’ve never been a Rhys customer but I remember a thread about this situation which I’m sure turned a lot of customers elsewhere.

Darn customers caring about the environment and being unwilling to pay more $ for wine to foot the bill for the fine. Bunch of turncoats…

Edit: here is the WB thread

Nice two-fer, commenting about wines on which you have no personal knowledge on the basis of litigation on which you also have no personal knowledge!

2 Likes

^ It certainly turned off this former customer.