Shipping season........NOT

Several cases of cheap, old wine sit at one auction house, as I wonder when shippers and weather will both be reliable and amenable, respectively.

[soap.gif] [dead-horse.gif] [truce.gif] [bleh.gif] [popcorn.gif] [dance.gif] [beg.gif]

I hear there’s snow in the Rockies already!

Still way too warm in most of the country (Oct 12). Next week only slightly better. No reason to ship cross country yet!

Great shipping weather from N. CA to S. CA this week and last.

And yet both Bedrock and Halcon are shipping this week. Definitely made me scratch my head when I got that notification.

I tend to err on the side of caution, but it’s not really that hot in most of the country. i’m shipping this week with no worries.
1600z.jpg

2 Likes

Not my problem

I received a weather hold email from Bedrock yesterday (I’m in PA)

Is mine, but a First-World one.

This is actually very helpful - thanks for sharing! I tend to forget those maps exist newhere

1 Like

Shorts and T-shirts will suffice during PDH.

Got holds from Bedrock and Halcon this week, both are shipping next week. I’m in DC.

I got an email from Bedrock that they were supposed to ship mine this week, but due to temps in my area (Ohio) being warmer this week but cooling down next, they are holding off for another week. Seems like they are on top of monitoring it.

Bedrock sent me a notification that they’re delaying shipping to me for one week.

Andremily is en route.

Ditto de Negoce.

suggest choosing next day or two day shipping options - higher likelihood than normal that ground shipments being delayed - just had 1/2 case shipped next day from CA to MA for an extra $60 - well worth it IMO

Got two cases coming on Thursday, CA to CO. No weather holds. The high country here got inches of snow this morning.

For Texas, the first shipping window is always in the early-to-mid November range. Throughout October we swing between the 60s and upper 80s, often with no more than 3-days of accurate pre-warning via “the forecast”. It is all too common to see a Monday morning forecast of temps in the upper 60s and lower 70s for the latter half of the week…only to see the forecast “inch up” by 2-4 degrees each day, such that it’s actually 83 degrees by Thursday when the wine arrives by truck in the Dallas area, and then 85 the following day when it’s actually delivered…

Same. Bedrock weather hold to AZ.

Did you reach out to them? As we all know, their customer service is top notch.

Chicago all good.

Chicago - Bedrock hold however until next week.