How many wine glasses have you broken?

I’m fairly lucky. I’ve only broken about 3 glasses total.

Although this topic reminds me of a woman who rammed her cart into the endcap and the whole display of wine and olive oil crashed down. That was a nightmare to clean.

LOTS

This week? champagne.gif [cheers.gif] [wow.gif] [snort.gif]

I’m around 2-3 ever, as well. Always hand wash.

Roughly my lifetime total is Alfert’s weekly total.

2 Likes

Dozens.

Robert Alfert is going to be the winner, hands down! Or should I say bleeding hands down!!!

0 hope I didnt jinx myself

1 Like

Once a zalto bowl broke and cut my wrist up. Now I have a small sperm shaped scar
62A5AC1C-53B0-4867-9683-B27A105F4A0E.jpeg

1 Like

My current theory is that in every six you buy, 1 or 2 are weak or flawed and break quickly, thereafter they last for years. I always buy enough to take this into account for the final number needed.

I laughed.

Four of my own glasses. Two when a shelf from my cupboard broke and crushed two Riedels into atoms, so not really anything to do with me, just happened to witness it. And then one by accidentally tipping a glass that was standing in the kitchen sink and one that was standing on the corner of a table.

And then I’ve broken one or two when drying offsite glasses after a tasting. But considering I’ve cleaned and dried thousands of glasses after tastings, the collateral damage is remarkably small. I tend to err on the side of caution and careful cleaning.

The legend of Alfert apparently is well known.

<_<

Did you knock on wood?

Me too I hold the glass by the bowl when washing.

Dozens if not hundreds. I’ve done it every way imaginable. The latest was when I went to put a bottle in my carry bag without looking to go out to dinner and forgot I had a glass in that slot. Smashed a Zalto universal to a million pieces. Did not mention that episode to my wife…

I was going to guess 10, but realized:
-I’ve purchased a 6-pak and 2 x 8-paks of Riedel Bordeaux glasses, but only have 10 left. (14 broken!)
-purchased a 6 & 8 pak of Riedel Sauv Blanc glasses, have 8 left. (6)

• purchased at least 18 Schott Zwiesel Burgundy, gave 4 away, still have 12. (2 broken)
    -remember breaking a few Jouet Flutes.
    No broken Zaltos or Grassls.

So I’m at 25 that I can remember!!

Is there a number greater than infinity?

I believe I’ve broken 2 (so far).

The key for me is waiting till the next morning to wash them.

2 Likes

The last year, zero. The key is using a dishwasher, hand washing is hopeless (at least for me with clumsy hands).