TN: 2016 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

I am yet to have a lackluster PYCM but I had not tried his lowly BB until now. I paid 25€ for this at Antic Wine and at that price point it is an excellent QPR. I did not find it especially reductive but wonder if some would find the fruit to be on the green side. It is one of the most drinkable (12.5 %) white Burgundies I’ve had in a while despite feeling young still - went down waaaaay too fast.

• 2016 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (9.10.2021)
    Very much minerally and nutty on the nose with intense lemon, smoke and crushed rock. Really expressive and open, right from the get-go. On the palate it has good concentration and viscosity with excellent acidity and the kind of firm mouthfeel that almost comes off as slightly tannic. Truly dry and savory with just ripe fruit. Mouthfilling with tension and proper grip, this is way more captivating and thrilling than the price or classification would have you to expect. The flavor profile does not offer a ton of complexity but otherwise this is a super serious wine that showcases absolutely top notch winemaking. While aromatically ready to go right away the palate took quite some time to come around and it really was at its best close to room temperature.

Posted from CellarTracker