seasonal and holiday preferences

Just wondering if others have particular wines/ varietals/ regions that are sort of holiday or season specific. There is the obvious white/summer red/winter combos, but I am wondering if anyone else gets more specific, either by chance or by design.

I always like Amarone, but prefer them even more in the winter. Pinot Noir in the fall, young sauternes with a pastry for breakfast in the spring.

In recent years I also started a few traditions that I expect to continue such as an Amarone and a Recioto on Christmas Day, Madeira on Independence Day and a Brunello on Greek Easter.

Anyone else have anything similar?

I always drink an older Syrah on my Birthday because they seldom disappoint.
On or around the holidays we open a Bedrock, Bedrock Heritage. They just seem to go with the holidays.

1 Like

We really enjoy Ridge during Christmas time. I don’t really have a reason why, but it has become a tradition at our house.

1 Like

I notice my consumption overall increases Oct-Dec.

I tend to open a bottle of sticky around my bday and holidays.

1 Like

I like 15-20 year old Muga Prado Enea with Thanksgiving dinner.

Cheers,

Hal

1 Like

Is there a reason why you would need a reason?

1 Like

Christmas Day is always a 20 yr old bottle of Heitz Martha’s. Has been that for the last 20+ years. Turkey and Turley go together on thanksgiving. Easter is grilled Lamb so usually a Syrah. Producer varies from year to year.

1 Like