TN: 2013 Tercero Mourvèdre Thompson Vineyard

Popped and poured at cellar temp. Very animalistic, wild nose. Menthol, tarragon, black pepper and high toned black fruit with a underpinning of an earthy forest floor underbrush.
Nice balance of peppery black spices, sweet blackberry fruit and acid filled finish. Still comes off as young, not sure how much complexity this will pick up with more age, but a very fun ride at age 8.

1 Like

Nice. I have 08 and 10 hiding in my cellar.

Larry’s mourvedre is probably my favorite of his reds. The rousanne is world class.

Thanks Jud. I really dig that wine and still have a few cases stashed away for wine club members. It was my first 100% whole cluster Mourvedre and I think it really shows what that technique can do to add complexity to a wine. And as you pointed out, though it is 8 years old, it still has plenty of stuffing and it is continuing to develop.

Cheers.

Thank you Brig - it’s been awhile since you’ve tried my wines and there are lots of other goodies for you to try. And don’t forget at my soon to be bottled pinots [snort.gif]

Cheers.

I had this bottling recently as well–great stuff, I am a big fan of Larry’s Mourvedre as well.

I have a bottle of 2015 Roussanne I purchased on my last visit to Larry’s ‘shop’, looking forward to that one also! Love the Stelvin closure for white wines with aging upside, by the way.