TN: 2013 Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Beaux Sens (France, Champagne)

This is very easy to drink, and very easy to like in a youthful, full of its primary fruit way. Trending more to the peach and plum side of the spectrum than the classic apples and lemons, the Meunier makes it’s presence known, while also maintaining a firm backbone. Beyond the primary fruit this also has significant mid-palate weight, which suggests several more years in the cellar would be interesting and beneficial. I sure hope that’s true, as I am certain I bought two of these, and I can’t find the other bottle!

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

I remember drinking the first vintage of Les Barres, I think it was 2006. Swept away. But then, later vintages of Les Barres, while generally good, never quite lived up to the insane awesomeness of that first vintage (none left in my cellar, regrettably). On the other hand, I’ve had, I think, two or three different versions of the Beaux Sens over the last five years and these have been consistently outstanding. Style-wise, my sweet spot in the Chartogne-Taillet stable. Fantastic wine.

Yes, that 2006 Les Barres was amazing. Still have one in the cellar. This was my first time trying Beaux Sens, but I will find more!