TN: 2019 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Frank's Block Teldeschi Vineyard

• 2019 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Frank’s Block Teldeschi Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley (9/16/2021)
    My history with Teldeschi goes back to the early 1990s and Ravenswood. The Once & Future style has a lean towards Bedrock, but still maintains a fresh acidic core that reminds me of the old Ravenswood wines, and counterbalances the luscious up front fruit. Clearly this is early in a potentially long life, but I rarely have the willpower to keep these for very long.

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Thanks for the post and what would you rate it right now (if you had to)?

I don’t

This wine has been excellent for the past few vintages

1 Like

A somewhat local store has some 2016 in stock and I’m still wondering if I should buy one or not. Would love to try a slightly older bottle of Once & Future because I have 2 bottles (1x 2018 Old Hill Ranch and 1x 2019 Dickerson) that I’d love to age.

It’s always good, though 2016 isn’t much older at all.

1 Like

Love Frank’s Block! My favorite O&F every vintage (although I have yet to open an Old Hill).

15 was the first vintage of Frank’s Block so about as close as you’ll get to trying an ‘aged’ one. If the price is right id say you should do it!

1 Like

It’s a good price and hopefully they’ll run another sale during the Holiday’s this year. Just wish I could receive free local delivery, but I’m not located in OC. Shipping isn’t outrageous though (thank God).

1 Like