Pretty good wine night: 2004 KL Morisoli, 97 Zenith, '06 RM Occidental...

Nice dinner with friends last night, no formal notes, just a great evening with some pretty great wines:

2018 DeNegoce N.121 Sauvignon Blanc never disappoints, and a great way to kick things off. Bright and fresh, with plenty of melon notes, a real crowd pleaser.
2004 Weinbach Riesling, Cuvée Théo also delish, with light petrol notes on the nose, slightly off-dry, with great texture and length.
2006 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir, Occidental Ridge - I’ve opened a lot of R-M over the years, have i ever had a disappointing bottle? Can’t think of any, always outstanding, with terrific depth and length, tannins are nicely integrated and the wine delivers a lot of joy right now.
2004 Karl Lawrence Cabernet, Gary Morisoli Reserve - a real wow wine, and surely drinking at it’s apex right now. Incredibly deep nose of mocha, kirsh, graphite, and plum. Outstanding texture and richness, broad on the palate with fine tannins, and a long finish. My WOTN by a long shot, just great stuff.
1997 René Renou Bonnezeaux Cuvée Zenith, a great finish to the evening, deep amber in color, the wine is drinking really well now, full and rich, with great acidity. Apple, light citrus, sweet but not cloying, nicely balanced.
IMG_6129.jpg

1 Like

Great lineup. Thanks for the notes. Jealous of the 2004 KL. I’ve had a few of their Morisoli wines, and they have all been excellent. Had all four reserves in a horizontal one year, and the Morisoli was the unanimous winner.