TN: 2010 Boxler Brand riesling

a wow wine. Floral and tropical, superb density on the palate with thickness while remaining light, restrained tropical fruits and citrus, superbly integrated acidity, just makes the salivary glands squeeze till they ache and empty. Really really great wine.

1 Like

Nice. I need to open one soon, apparently.

Sweet or dry (or in between)?

Dry

Dryish IMO, but I agree that it is amazing.

Great note! What is the difference between Brand and the Riesling Reserve? I’ve only had/have the latter.

Brand is a Grand Cru single vineyard. The Reserve comes from young vines, potentially from both Brand and Sommerberg (according to Kermit Lynch website).

Gotcha! Thank you very much!

Prompted by Alan’s note, I opened one of these last night. Alan’s note was spot on. Incredibly rich and dense, but avoids any sense of heaviness by the acidity. It is dark enough that I was worried about premox when I first poured, but it is still very fresh. Wonderful now, but has the legs to last.

perhaps a minor point, but i recall there were 2 Boxler rieslings designated Brand : Brand and Brand K (Kirchberg). Similar to what they do with Sommerberg. was wondering which one you had. I think both were available for the 2010 vintage, but not sure anymore. and there is a touch of sugar left in the past. i stopped buying Boxler after 2010 vintage as KL got them from Chadderdon and raised the prices 30% or so.