Cos d’Estournel 2009 not getting any better with age.

Ouch. From half bottle.

A nasty, fat, slimy, Tammy Faye wine, with ample bosoms and inches of make up. Sadly a long finish that stayed and stayed. I have never cut off a wine before, this one I did.

1 Like

Were you hoping for James Bakker, instead? [wow.gif]

That would be a Rudy bottle.

Mark… Why do you bother to open another bottle? It is not for you. I love the wine as you can see. Learn about Cos d'Estournel St. Estephe, Complete Guide

Not my bottle. There was plenty of good wine there as well.

Mark,

I do not understand your crusade too. You do not like most of the 1990 Burgundies as we learned recently (I like many of them). Ok - sell the wines if you have some because many others like them. You do not like 2009 Cos. Avoid it (I don´t like it either, others do). Why is it so important to you to disgrace wines that are not to your liking? You seem to have a missionary enthusiasm.

1 Like

Why on earth would you expect a 2009 Bordeaux to be ready to drink now? Even in half bottle, that’s a wine that will need 20+ years sideways.

2 Likes

At least, he is honest, albeit perhaps not to the writing style of everybody.

Indeed, he may have confused the wine with his Applebee’s dining companion.

Hardly a crusade, but nice of you to give me an agenda. I would never “disgrace” a wine.

I don’t seek out Cos, it seems to seek me out. Reporting as I found it; an unpleasant experience. As for the 1990s, given several bad bottles I have had recently, that have not aged as well as I would have hoped, it is certainly a legitimate question. Especially with many similar vintages (2009 and 2015) around.

He just explained that it wasn’t his bottle. He was served it.

I appreciate people posting on wines they dislike, particularly people as experienced as Mark, and those whose palates align fairly well with mine.

3 Likes

Mark,

that wine can´t seek you out. You hate it and you know it already since release. You let us know for years now in numerous posts. Avoid it. Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Are tasting notes only supposed to be positive? What a load of crock.

4 Likes

THAT too is an example of a bad tasting note, worthy of our awareness for consideration. [wow.gif]

if a lot of people didn’t like ample bosoms and inches of makeup Las Vegas wouldn’t exist. Happy for them that the wine they like exists. Never had the 09 Cos and likely won’t, and I won’t lose any sleep over that fact

1 Like

He seemed to be speaking figuratively.

Maybe Mark thought he might have improved with age?

neener

They should really all be 93 points IMO.

Yep, I would buy his 1990 Burgundies. Mine are all gone.

I find getting different viewpoints is beneficial. When did Cos turn into a board darling that can never get a hard word mentioned?