Ferren 2021 Release

Looks like Ferren is releasing their 2019 vintage wines on September 15th. The email mentions a new chardonnay to the lineup from Volpert Vineyard. Couldn’t find any information about the vineyard other than what is on their website. Anyone out there with intel? Is this a new planting?

I’ll be sure to pick up some Chardonnays. Quality is shooting up each year and the wines are a relative bargain compared to Aubert.

1 Like

Wonder why you don’t hear more about Ferren when they manage to sell out to their mailing list pretty consistently. You’d think they’d be mentioned more. Never had them myself, but heard great things.

Maybe it’s Fight Club type wine?

They did sell out of the Silver Eagle chard very quickly on day one last year. Pretty low production stuff on a first come first served basis and the price is right for the quality. The Frei is my favorite, but I haven’t tried the Lancel Creek yet. I plan to rectify that soon.

I can recommend the rosé if it happens to pop up.

I’m interested to try these, just got the offer and trying to navigate the Chardonnays. Any advice?

I’ve only had the single vineyards chards and each has been excellent, but wow do they need air/time. It’s hard to say that I prefer one over the rest - they each have their "holy cow’ moments. You should consult the CT tasting notes to see if one profile speaks to you over the rest. I didn’t get offered the Volport yet, but wishlisted some.

last year i ordered a mix but haven’t opened any pinots yet. the SV chards have a little more heft i would say than the appellation chards. id say they’re like middle class aubert.
i think i ordered 4 pinots 7 chards and wish listed a btl of the volpert.

This “would” have been my fourth year purchasing, but after checking my allocation a few hours after it went live, almost everything was sold out. Too bad as I’ve loved the Frei Rd chard, but good for them in selling out. I didn’t realize the demand had spiked that much.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have granted no Volpert.

Arrived! i need to bury them at the offsite.
PS the 2018’s just got great WA scores