TN: Two Interesting Whites @ DinDin...(short/boring)

We tried these two new Whites @ DinDin last night:

1. Southold Farm+Cellar Don’t Forget to Soar Texas High Plains WW Blend (11.74%; www.SoutholdFarmAndCellar.com; 34% GrunerVeltliner/66% Roussanne) Fredricksberg/TX 2020: Med.gold color w/ lots of tiny bubbles; fairly fragrant floral/honeysuckle/Rouss slight GV/white pepper light earthy quite attractive nose; rather soft/fat no dissolved CO2 light floral/honeysuckle/Rouss bit spicy/white pepper/GV lightly earthy quite pleasant flavor; med.long soft/fat/underacid light floral/honeysuckle/Rouss slight GV/white pepper slight tangy/metallic/earthy bit rustic finish; somewhat on the soft/fat/underacid side but quite an attractive/interesting white blend. $19.50 (KK)

1. TroonVnyd Cotes du Kubli CowhornVnyd/ApplegateVlly/OR (42% Viognier/35% Marsanne/23% Roussanne; 13.4%; www.TroonVineyard.com) GrantsPass/OR 2019: Med.dark color; rather fragrant Viog/peach/pear/floral bit apple/honeysuckle/Rouss quite perfumed lovely nose; fairly tart/tangy quite rich/lush very strong floral/Viog/peach/pear bit apple/honeysuckle some complex beautiful flavor; very long/lingering somewhat tart quite floral/Viog/peach/pear rather rich/lush light appley/Marsanne/honeysuckle beautiful finish; an absolutely beautiful White Rhone blend that reminds a lot of a TablasCreek Cotes de Tablas Blanc but lacks that mineral character; an impressive Rhone blend. $29.00 (KK)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. I didn’t notice that the Southold was from Texas until I got home. Otherwise, I would never have purchased it.
    Like many of the Texas wines I’ve had, it was somewhat lacking in acidity. But it was one of the better TX wines I can recall having & quite varietally correct.
    Interestingly, it was started by Carey & Regan Meador on LongIsland’s NorthFork. They packed up and moved to Texas & re-founded. I’m assuming they are no relation to DougMeador/Ventana. They have an interesting range of wines that I should like to try more of.

1. Troon: A BioDynamic & Regenerative Organic run vnyd by Bryan & Denise White. They appear to be “natural” winemakers, but this wine was clean as a whistle and showed no natty character whatsoever. They have a very interesting range of wines & I shall make an effort to try more of them.
    Tom