La fete du champagne 2021

Am I reading it correctly that the grand tasting will be virtual again this year?

Disappointing but I suppose I can’t blame them

Ah, never mind, the regular grand tasting is listed under the tickets available to Amex holders. Whew.

And it’s the same day as the Berserkerfest at PDH

Oh vey

The surge in Delta-variant cases has me rethinking this year’s Fete Grand Tasting. Our past experience with how it goes down suggests it will be a petri dish.

1 Like

Does Grassl make one? [wow.gif]

Fair point. Maybe it’s not so terrible if I give it a bye this year after all.

I didn’t notice any requirement of proof of vaccination though maybe it will fall under the New York restaurant regulations in that regard?

1 Like

Jayson makes a good point. Not sure what my comfort level is with the grand tasting, even with a proof of vaccine requirement. Will have to think about it

I plan to skip the Fete, but am really curious about vaccination requirements, etc., as I still would love to go to the Paulee this March. Can you say booster?

The website indicates proof of vaccination will be required, but there’s a caveat that they’re following local/CDC guidelines.

Health and Safety Protocols
In accordance with current NYC directives, all attendees, producers, and staff will be required to show proof of vaccination in order to enter the events. This policy is subject to change based on CDC guidelines and local ordinances at the time of the events.

If you have a booster by then, hopefully that gives you some comfort.

Not really.

Love the event. Based on the current and likely near future covid landscape…unfortunately, an easy pass.

Hundreds of unmasked tasters, often shoulder to shoulder, in a large room. What could go wrong?

RT

For those willing to risk it the Grand Tasting has a new date of 11/13.