TN: 2019 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Montpelain (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon)

I haven’t dipped my toe very deep into the 2019 Beaujolais pond but the early experiences have been very positive. I had understood this bottling to be more on the serious side of things but popped and poured it regardless with reckless abandon and afterwards can’t say that I have any regrets - this is no Burgaud stylistically. A very good wine, if not complex then at least with great fruit and structure and just a lot of drinking pleasure. Need to try more from the producer.

• 2019 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Montpelain - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (21.8.2021)
    Very bright on the nose with tangy cranberry and lingonberry fruit, minerally tones and just the slightest hint of VA. On the palate very nicely concentrated with typical power but very energetic and firm. Relatively grippy but not Pinot-like really. Lots of joy here while clearly not of the true glou-glou kind. Has great fruit but maintains a savory style. I suppose there is no lack of upside but this was singing right off the bat.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yes, great producer!