2019 La Pelle Napa Valley Cabernet Sauv & Sauv Blanc

Offer is out. I’m not much interested in the SB, but I’m in for a case of the Cab:

2019 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 6x750ml
Showcasing the diversity and depth that Napa Valley’s Mediterranean climate has to offer. The fruit is sourced from six different sites across the Coombsville, Oak Knoll District and Saint Helena AVAs, all farmed by Silverado Farming Company. The vision of this wine is to capture the vintage in a bottle and to create an interesting and complex red wine.

Dark in color with aromatics of blackberry, deep purple prunes, crème de cassis, violets and graphite. Full-bodied with a silky texture from front to back with juicy, round tannins. Ripe black fruits and blueberries with impressions of tobacco and mountain herbs, and well-balanced acidity to carry the wine through a delicate and juicy finish. Our 2019 has been cellared to enjoy upon receiving. It is opulent and will continue to elegantly age for the next 20+ years.

The 2018 SB was pretty strong.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve been a fan of their SB as well!

1 Like

I was more interested in SB than the cab

I was able to taste the 2019s earlier this year and they are outstanding, especially at that price point (didn’t try the reserve). Jump on the Chardonnay if you are able to as it’s a new release but great juice as well.

1 Like

Just got the 3 Cab and 3 Blanc. Never tried the wines but have heard good things on this board.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Their wines are awesome across the board. Tasted them a few months back in Napa and popped a few at home already. Their SVDs are great value and excellent wines. The SB and Chard are awesome as well and an excellent value.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

I agree that they are really good value. I would let the cabs sit a little while though.

Unfortunately, I am going to pass on my allocation this year. My wife and I have moved away from cabs into pinot world…

Whites good to drink right away? I wana try one just to have tasted it.

1 Like

Based on past experience with the 18 SB, no harm at all. Decanting would probably be beneficial, but not necessary.

I had a 2019 chard a couple weeks back and it was great.

Excited to try then! Didn’t get a chard, but I assume the blanc should be quite open as well given the vintage.

1 Like

Just tried my first La Pelle last night for NYE, the 2019 NV Cab. - outstanding, and glad I have a bunch more in the cellar.

Hey Eric, I saw this old thread on the 2019 La Pelle Napa Valley Cab, it sure seems like you liked it a lot a about a year and a half ago, have you had any more recently? I am looking at maybe purchasing some. If anyone else has any tasting notes or general observations on the 2019 Cab, feel free to chime-in!

Funny, I haven’t had one since!

Please post some tasting notes when you do pop a bottle!

2 Likes

I had a 2019 la pelle NV cab 2 weeks ago, it is still young but is fantastic.

Several good TN’s on CT:
Community Tasting Notes - 2019 La Pelle Cabernet Sauvignon - CellarTracker

1 Like

Thanks Jonathan! I picked-up a few, I will lay them down for a while to let them settle-in a bit…