TN: 1994 Beringer Vineyards Alluvium (USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley)

• 1994 Beringer Vineyards Alluvium - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (8/3/2021)
    An old friend…reloaded on these a few years ago…drank a TON of this back in the day, and 10 or so years ago they were still drinking peak! On the reload, had a few duds…seepage corks, tart and drying…some drinking just ok, but not like the good-ol…this bottle though, is an absolute ROCK STAR! Transported me back to the 90’s, when Calif Cab/Merlot was killing it! Classic Bordeaux blend…youthful dark berry fruits…plush silky smooth dusty tannins…still with a firm grip of structure, yet SO open and inviting. Fantastic aged Bordeaux-esk flavors of dried tobacco leaf, leather, cigar box, pencil lead…silky smooooooth…elegant and regal, yet has that sun kissed sweetness of Ca. So complex, and pleasing in the mouth…and washed down after a bite of steak…MMMMmmmmmm good! Like I said in 2009…Great Producer, great vintage, GREAT wine! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Very good. Too herbaceous for my palate, though.

Glad it showed well. These went on clearance at Costco when I was I college. I remember fondly at 7.97 a bottle was a bit rich back then, but man that was high living. Killed with the frozen burgers and my George Foreman grill. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Not this bottle!

Nice not and vintage!

Wow!! Drank a bit of Alluvium back in the day, including the ‘94- great wine! Periodically I’d find it on sale below $20 and splurge on a 4-6 bottles. Always an enjoyable bottle.
Never gave a thought to how well they’d age, I couldn’t keep them around very long at all.
Nice to know they’re still kicking!