Glassware: Spiegelau Definition

I have just tested the Spiegelau Definition Bordeaux glass versus the Zalto Bordeaux glass. And while the Zalto is overall a bit nicer, i really think the Spiegelau is not that far behind (and it is machine made). The Spiegelau is also only 10g heavier.

But the price is half of the Zalto. Was really impressed by it.

Has anyone else tried any glasses from the Definition series?

1 Like

I bought some Bdx and Burg from Wayfair at a great price ($40-42 delivered! It’s gone up since) and loved them. Thinking about wholesale replacing all my other stems. Where did you get yours from?

Spiegelau Burgundy is comically large. Bur aside from the looks, it’s a high quality stem.

Oh, and they are 30 Euro for a pair in Europe.

1 Like

Same opinion, have been impressed

I have the universal and champagne glass. While the universal is nice its differently shaped compared to Zalto. The champ glass is virtually indistinguishable.

1 Like

I really liked the Spiegelau bdx. The base is of a noticeably larger diameter compared to my Zalto’s but didnt bother me.

1 Like

Since i created this thread i have gone full Spiegelau Definition. I have around 12 Bordeaux, 6 Burgundy and a few Universal. I still have a few Zalto’s, but i never use them. I got most of the glasses at around 13 euro as i bought bulk with a few friends.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on durability of the Spiegelau vs. the Zalto?

1 Like

Certainly more durable.

1 Like