TN: 2017 Latour-Giraud Meursault Genevrieres

wow. Intense layered almost candied citrus fruit. Like lemon drops in a good way. Great depth of fruit but still light and lifted while driving its acid and fruit into the palate. Finish just echoes. Really super Meursault. I’m impressed.

1 Like

Mmmm!

Thanks Alan. Another producer to seek out.
I keep saying it, but I do like 17s, they seem to have plenty of drive.

Nice note Alan, I’ve got a few bottles of the Cuvée des Pierre, 3 barrels from a section of the vineyard with 60 year old vines. Tasted one earlier this year, it was almost too intense (in a good way).

https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/wine.asp?iWine=3151676

With Roulot and Coche prices moving to the stratosphere and zero availability, L-G is a strong candidate to backfill lost allocations.

I’ve got that one also, Larry. Don Cornwell is very high on this producer so I’ve tagged along.

17’s are good.

Good in a Coates sense ís damning with faint praise :slight_smile: Agreed they are very good indeed.

Indeed! As are the reds. A vintage a la 2014 or 2000 where both colours excel.

1 Like

I randomly bought single bottle auction lots of 2000 Cuvée des Pierre and Perrieres a few years ago. Both incredibly delicious. No premox. Then I bought a mag of each for bottle price. But the market has now caught up.

I just bought a 2002 Pierre and am crossing my fingers it’s not a poxed bottle.

I know the winemaking shifted here in mid-2000s, so this thread might entice me to source 2017.