1959 vintage of Huet's Demi-Secs

CT lists 13 TNs of Huet’s 1959 Haut Lieu demi-sec, but non on the Clos du Bourg of that year; has anyone on the board ever tasted the Clos du Bourg demi-sec from that year? I’m beginning to wonder if my magnum of that wine might have authenticity issues.

I had this out of large format(magnum) on Saturday. It is one delicious wine. Haut Lieu. Not sure about authenticity but it was darn good. Never tasted or seen the Clos du Bourg. .

Nice timing, as a friend opened a magnum of this Saturday night. It was showing very well, with a mineral rainwater attack blossoming into honeyed apricot and lanolin on a lingering finish, still showing as off-dry after all these years.
60E3459A-0841-45D4-BFAA-287104C84E3E.jpeg

Don, we had the Clos du Bourg on Saturday.

1 Like

I’ve never had the bourg but it does exist.
Brad Kane has a note on another board about it.

I’ve only had the LHL.

The magnum Mike mentioned was mine and was purchased from SommPicks. This was a library release that SommPicks orchestrated in 2018 if memory serves correct…

The magnum Mike mentioned was mine and was purchased from SommPicks. This was a library release that SommPicks orchestrated in 2018 if memory serves correct…
What an odd coincidence!

This board has amazing depth - and breadth.
Mike, thanks for your reassuring post. Can I infer that there’s no rush for me to open my magnum?
Nigel

Based on this bottle, your inference would be correct. It still had plenty of life left in it.

Thanks Mike!